Cable management systems for healthcare and laboratory environments
Marshall-Tufflex has many years of experience in providing cable management solutions for medical and healthcare environments. Trunking systems for this specialised type of application are available in both aluminium and PVC-U, to carry gas, power, data, telecoms and nurse call, providing first class screening performance and optional antimicrobial protection.
Choose from our range of PVC-U trunking and Aluminium trunking systems, including our optional Antimicrobial BIO protection.
BIO Antimicrobial Trunking 99.9% of harmful bacteria - like MRSA - will not survive on the surface. Effective throughout its life, even if it is scratched or damaged.
Our healthcare cable management solutions:
• PVC trunking that is easy to install and clean.
• BIO trunking solutions to prevent the spread of infections and disease in environments such as hospitals, care homes, surgeries and health centres.
• Aluminium systems with multiple compartments providing LS0H containment for wiring, gas and air services.
BIO Antimicrobial Trunking Solution
By incorporating silver ions within the PVC-U based material the perimeter trunking will deliver ongoing antimicrobial protection that prevents 99.9% of harmful bacteria. Because the Marshall-Tufflex Bio trunking solution is integral to the PVC-U material, there is no reduction in effectiveness throughout its life, even if it is damaged or scratched.
• Prevention of harmful bacteria growth
• Antimicrobial properties inherently formulated within the PVC-U and ABS compounds
• A durable, non-leaching antimicrobial treatment
• Testing to ISO 22196:2011
• Proven silver ion-based technology to neutralise any bacteria with which it comes into contact with
• Registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
• Compliance with the European Biocidal Products Directive (BPD)
• Proven reductions in bacterial viable count by more than 99.9%
• Antimicrobial treatments provide an extra level of protection when combined with normal cleaning procedures
Bio trunking can be identified by using a UV light on the external surface of the trunking. The Bio system will reflect blue under UV light rather than violet.
CLICK HERE TO SEE CABLE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR HEALTHCARE
Bio trunking has demonstrated effectiveness against:
• Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): an antibiotic resistant, opportunist pathogen that can survive on surfaces within the hospital environment.
• Klebsiella pneumoniae: an opportunist pathogen affecting people with a weakened immune system.
• Escherichia coli: All of us are colonised by E.coli in our gut but this bacterium can cause infections if it is transferred to a wound or a different part of the body causing severe food-associated illness.